Tourists can get an arrival visa at Tribhuvan International Airport. 15 days – US $ 25.00 for 15 days single/multiple entries. 30 days – US $ 40.00 for 30 days single/multiple entries. 90 days – US $ 100.00 for 90 days single/multiple entries. Nepal visa fees may be paid for with USD or another convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto (Euro or GBP most common – however see note below for Visa on arrival). Be prepared always carry several passport photos when you arrive in Nepal. Not only will you need them for your visa but you’ll also need them if you want to go trekking. Nepal visa extensions & fees Visas can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a visa year. Entry points for visa on arrival in Nepal TIA, Kathmandu (Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu).
On arrival visa requirements
- You will need one passport-sized photograph
- Applicable visa fee (US Dollar or Nepalese Rupee.)
- Completed visa form
- While Nepalese immigration says all major currencies are accepted USD & NPR are the safest best.
- If you do not have these currencies there is an ATM
- If the ATM is not working there is a currency exchange booth
- The visa is issued at the embassy of Nepal or consulate of Nepal
- To obtain a tourist visa these requirements must be presented
- Photocopy of passport
- Passport size photograph valid passport
Extension of Stay
A visa can be extended from the Department of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days. An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the department.
There are two ways to enter Nepal, by air and by road. By air, the journey is more easy and comfortable than by road. Almost 90 percent of the tourists enter through the Tribhuvan International Airport which is 6 kilometers from Thamel.
Tribhuvan International Airport is the only International Airport, Kathmandu in Nepal.
Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu.
There are several entry points by land route. They are listed below by serial border points
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal) Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid-Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
These are a lot of trekking route, heli, and expedition